[asterisk-dev] ASTERISK-29655 Fixing one-way video stream state (pjsip)

Joshua C. Colp jcolp at sangoma.com
Mon Apr 4 10:37:51 CDT 2022

On Mon, Apr 4, 2022 at 12:31 PM Joshua C. Colp <jcolp at sangoma.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Apr 4, 2022 at 12:15 PM Fridrich Maximilian <
> M.Fridrich at commend.com> wrote:
>
>> Thank you for the quick response! I have made quite some progress towards
>> fixing ASTERISK-29655 by flipping the stream direction in two places in
>> res_pjsip_session.c: In new_invite() after create_local_sdp() is called
>> and in
>> ast_sip_session_create_outgoing() the clone_stream direction is flipped.
>> With
>> this change, one-way video works.
>>
>> However, early media is not working yet with inband_progress=yes and
>> moh_passthrough=yes. Asterisk receives a 183 with audio:inactive and
>> video:recvonly, and forwards this 183 with audio:sendrecv and
>> video:inactive.
>>

> Forwarding this back is not supported. It would require core changes,
> alongside PJSIP changes. It's not something you can just change in PJSIP
> and have work.

I should also add that I don't have specifics otherwise of where things are
going wrong. I would also add (unrelated to video) that Asterisk really
really wants bidirectional audio from the beginning so if you do succeed
with video just be aware that things may go weird elsewhere in regards to
audio and behavior.

--
Joshua C. Colp
Asterisk Technical Lead