[asterisk-dev] Manual endpoint registration

Jaco Kroon jaco at uls.co.za
Mon Oct 25 10:11:00 CDT 2021

Hi Luke,

If you're in a position to migrate astdb along with the instance.  So
what we have is astdb in ramdisk, upon *clean* asterisk shutdown we copy
that to a clustered filesystem, and prior to startup clone that back
onto ramdisk.

This works for chan_sip at least.

You can presumably make periodic backups of the astdb onto clustered
media if you're trying to protect against a crash.

Entire system is set up to not have to worry about the ephemeral nature
of astdb, so even if we lose it completely everything will recover
within 10 minutes, which (for us) is an acceptable risk for the complete
failure use-case.

Kind Regards,
Jaco