[asterisk-dev] Memory leak chasing

Luke Escudé luke at primevox.net
Tue Nov 9 15:48:27 CST 2021

So I've been observing a memory leak in Asterisk for nearly 2 years in issue ASTERISK-29232 and I'm getting very close to figuring it out.

For anyone willing to take a quick look, I've attached an Excel spreadsheet comparing 18 customers. The spreadsheet includes their extension counts, RAM consumption, various features, and most importantly, watcher counts.

I believe there is a correlation between the quantity of Compound Hints (Asterisk hints joined together with &) and RAM consumption. It seems customers with high amounts of Simple Hints (asterisk hints without &) are unaffected.

Do any of you see any other possible correlations? Or maybe something else I should start measuring?

Thanks!!

Luke Escudé

972.600.1150

support at primevox.net