[asterisk-dev] Asterisk 19 Feature Freeze Two Month Notice

Joshua C. Colp jcolp at sangoma.com
Wed May 19 15:55:03 CDT 2021

Kia ora,

Just a friendly reminder that today is the official two month notification
[1] prior to feature freeze on Wednesday July 21st, 2021 (yeesh - how time
flies!). For those who are not aware, we try to "feature freeze" the master
branch in order to test and stabilize the code base prior to release of a
new major version of Asterisk - this year it's, Asterisk 19.

For more information about this process, the schedule surrounding it, and
how it plays into our more liberal inclusion policy for released branches,
see [2].

Thank you for all that you do to contribute and help the project move
forward.

Best wishes!

[1] https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/Asterisk+Versions
[2]