[asterisk-dev] who will receive the SIP response first, SIP driver or the channel?

Mohit Dhiman mohitdhiman736 at gmail.com
Tue May 18 05:12:39 CDT 2021

Hi,
Assuming I am using the chan_sip driver
my question is for an outbound call If Asterisk receives any SIP Response
(like 100 TRYING, 180 RINGING ...) which of the two will receive this frame
data first will it be *handle_response_invite* of channels/chan_sip.c or
will it be *ast_read* of the main/channel.c

So far with my testing handle_response_invite is receiving the frame data
first and then the ast_read, will this always be the case or is this a race
thing where either of the functions can get the data first?

Thanks,
Mohit Dhiman