[asterisk-dev] Text-to-Speech and Speech-to-Text

Dan Cropp dan at amtelco.com
Mon Mar 22 15:54:36 CDT 2021

Thank you Ben.

Looking at the TTS, would that language property be language and country?  Example en-US, en-GB, etc.
Will we use SSML to specify a specific voice for the language?  Examplt, Amazon Polly en-US language supports 4 female and 4 male voices.  Or might this be an additional parameter (similar to the language)?

Will there be a mechanism to stop the TTS on one stream when speech to text detects someone speaking?  Many people will interrupt automated phone systems.  Example, the system answers the call and plays something, a person familiar with the system will start speaking and they expect the TTS/prompts to stop playing.

Have a great day!
Dan