[asterisk-dev] supported: timers though deactivated

Michael Maier m1278468 at mailbox.org
Tue Jun 8 14:46:29 CDT 2021

On 08.06.21 at 10:48 Joshua C. Colp wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 7, 2021 at 10:38 PM Michael Maier <m1278468 at mailbox.org> wrote:
>
>> On 06.06.21 at 22:19 Joshua C. Colp wrote:

>>> It'd be a bug in PJSIP itself, probably in the INVITE session[1] code>>> that is what responsible for this.
>>
>> Thanks for your hint!
>>
>> They are using a function to clean up the supported header
>> (cleanup_allow_sup_hdr).
>>
>> Let's take a look at the creation of the 200 Ok answer of the received
>> update - I could find this path (there is no SDP in the received Update):
>>
>> inv_respond_incoming_update
>>          pjsip_dlg_create_response
>>                  pjsip_endpt_create_response
>>                          pjsip_msg_create
>>                                  pj_list_init
>>
>>          pjsip_timer_update_resp
>>          pjsip_dlg_send_response
>>
>> If I didn't oversee anything, I couldn't find the usage of
>> cleanup_allow_sup_hdr - but I couldn't find either where the supported
>> header should have been added. Do you have an idea?
>>

> It's added to the global Supported header, which is added elsewhere to
> messages[1].

dlg_beautify_response - I've seen it before but didn't take a closer look because of its name "beautify".

My goal is now to add cleanup_allow_sup_hdr to pjsip_dlg_create_response after the response has been beautified ... .
I figured out, that cleanup_allow_sup_hdr needs inv->options to know about the configuration of an endpoint. Unfortunately, this parameter isn't put to pjsip_dlg_create_response.
Using the attached patch, I tried to do this, but I'm getting a compile error afterwards:

make --quiet --no-print-directory -C pjproject all
make --quiet --no-print-directory -C jansson all
echo '[jansson] ' Building bundled jansson.
(cd source; make >/dev/null 2>&1)
(cd source; make install DESTDIR= >/dev/null 2>&1)
echo '[pjproject] ' Compiling lib libpj-x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu.a
make -C /home/test/rpmbuild-asterisk/BUILD/asterisk-18.4.0/third-party/pjproject/source/pjlib//build libpj-x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu.a >/dev/null 2>&1
echo '[pjproject] ' Compiling lib libpjlib-util-x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu.a
make -C /home/test/rpmbuild-asterisk/BUILD/asterisk-18.4.0/third-party/pjproject/source/pjlib-util//build libpjlib-util-x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu.a >/dev/null 2>&1
make[2]: *** [/home/test/rpmbuild-asterisk/BUILD/asterisk-18.4.0/third-party/pjproject/source/pjlib-util/lib/libpjlib-util-x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu.a] Error 2
make[1]: *** [pjproject] Error 2
make: *** [third-party] Error 2

Unfortunately, this isn't very verbose. Do you have any idea how to get it more verbose or maybe what should I probably additionally do to get it compiling? This is based on the
bundled pjsip and the spec file of sangoma.

Thanks
Michael