[asterisk-dev] Asterisk 18.5.0-rc1 Now Available

Michael Maier m1278468 at mailbox.org
Thu Jul 1 11:19:30 CDT 2021

On 22.06.21 at 22:27 Joshua C. Colp wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 22, 2021 at 5:22 PM Michael Maier <m1278468 at mailbox.org> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I faced a problem today regarding a conference. One user wasn't able to
>> enter the conference - after / while entering the second digit of the
>> conference PIN, the call always was ended repeatedly by the callers
>> device (Q.850 cause 16). He tried about 5 times. On Asterisk side, I
>> never could see any dtmf logged.
>>
>> The exactly same call from the same device / phone number has been
>> working fine last Thursday w/ Asterisk 18.4.
>>
>> Unfortunately, I can't reproduce it with any other device here.
>>
>> I compared signaling from today with the working one - couldn't see any
>> difference. The RTP stream is not logged at all because of privacy and
>> it's encrypted anyway.
>>
>> I'm not sure if it's really an Asterisk problem - but it's somehow
>> suspicious. Do you by chance have any idea what could have been happened
>> here regarding your changes?
>>

> Based on the list of changes there hasn't been anything in the area of
> DTMF. Without logs and RTP, it's not really possible to say.

Meanwhile I know, that the problem can't be on Asterisk side. The
previous version meanwhile shows the same behavior.

I believe they misconfigured their phones or there is a handling error.
Anyhow, I don't have any possibility to near down the problem as I don't
have any access to those devices.

Sorry for the noise
Thanks
Michael