[asterisk-dev] Module Deprecation, Default Not Building, and Removal

Jared Smith jaredsmith at jaredsmith.net
Tue Oct 6 19:28:46 CDT 2020

On Tue, Oct 6, 2020 at 2:23 PM Joshua C. Colp <jcolp at sangoma.com> wrote:

> As a packager and someone who has been in the community and user world,
> what's your opinion and thoughts on the 2 year strategy?

I'm fine with it... for faster-moving distributions (such as Fedora), users
are used to following new releases closely, and fast rate of change with
regards to changes in those major releases.  For slower-moving
distributions (CentOS/RHEL/etc.), people tend to stick with LTS releases,
but understand that there are typically bigger (less granular) changes
between LTS releases than there are between regular releases.

-Jared