[asterisk-dev] Module Deprecation, Default Not Building, and Removal

Joshua C. Colp jcolp at sangoma.com
Thu Oct 1 17:46:01 CDT 2020

On Thu, Oct 1, 2020 at 7:01 PM Dan Jenkins <dan at nimblea.pe> wrote:

> Completely agree with Sean on the "what's going to be deprecated" question
> months before a cut. And I like the laid out plan that would be involved
> for 2 year process of deprecation,default enabled no and then remove.

I think as soon as the LTS branch is cut from master and master transitions
to being the development branch for the next standard release - it's fair
game up until the point that the standard release is cut from master so
essentially during that development cycle if someone thinks of another it
can be discussed. As part of cutting the LTS branch a reminder can be sent
and a discussion can be done, as well as before "feature freeze" of master
for the next standard release. If someone thinks of one even outside of
that window we can add it to the wiki page and those can form the start of
the discussion.

--
Joshua C. Colp
Asterisk Technical Lead