[asterisk-dev] Module Deprecation, Default Not Building, and Removal

Corey Farrell git at cfware.com
Thu Oct 1 11:43:42 CDT 2020

Any reason we can't "documentation deprecate" things in minor releases?
No runtime warnings and keep building by default but if we deprecate a
module in master right now it seems like the next minor release of all
active branches should document the status of the module.  The fact that
a module will still be supported on 16.14.0 doesn't stop us from telling
users what will happen.