[asterisk-dev] Module Deprecation, Default Not Building, and Removal

Dan Jenkins dan at nimblea.pe
Thu Oct 1 11:39:22 CDT 2020

Yup, totally get your point as we've already discussed it on IRC... it just
feels like 4 years is an eternity. Most people don't move to a new version
of an LTS immediately and usually have a plan on how to upgrade - and its
not even like the LTS wouldnt include the module.... it just wouldnt be
enabled by default and ultimately thats what the changelog/upgrade.txt is
for isn't it?

4 years seems like a long time to get rid of something thats already been
decided isnt being looked after any more.