[asterisk-dev] Module Deprecation, Default Not Building, and Removal

BJ Weschke bweschke at btwtech.com
Thu Oct 1 09:42:53 CDT 2020

I’m in favor of this approach as well.

On October 1, 2020 at 10:23:30 AM, Jared Smith (jaredsmith at jaredsmith.net) wrote:

On Thu, Oct 1, 2020 at 10:04 AM Joshua C. Colp <jcolp at sangoma.com> wrote:
Not really, and I think part of the problem is that this entire thing hasn't really been documented, communicated, or been a strict part of the release or development process. It's been more organic. Going forward it would be explicitly part of the steps when cutting the new branch, for example, and part of the announcement.

OK, thanks for the clarification.  Consider me in favor of the process as you outlined it, and also in favor of a more aggressive stance on deprecation of modules that obviously aren't being heavily used/maintained.

-Jared