[asterisk-dev] External scripts for parsing the security logs

Fred Posner fred at qxork.com
Mon Nov 23 15:31:56 CST 2020

On Mon, 2020-11-23 at 16:22 -0500, Sean Bright wrote:
> On 11/23/2020 4:09 AM, Mohit Dhiman wrote:
> > can anyone please recommend any existing external scripts that can
> > parse the Asterisk security logs and possibly take appropriate
> > actions like IP blocking.
>
> Fail2ban

I wrote one years ago that I still use:

https://github.com/fredposner/scripts/blob/master/asterisk/check-failed-regs.pl

You'll need to make a chain called "asterisk" in iptables.

Also, we started providing a pro-active block to sip attacks with
apiban in January. There's a go client that will update iptables as
well:

https://github.com/palner/apiban

--
Fred Posner