[asterisk-dev] Rouge ipv4 registration requests

roger roger at beardandsandals.co.uk
Sat May 30 13:14:56 CDT 2020

On 30/05/2020 16:46, Roger James wrote:
> ttp://lists.digium.com/mailman/listinfo/asterisk-dev
> <http://lists.digium.com/mailman/listinfo/asterisk-dev>
>
> I am doing that at the moment. I have increased the retry timeouts and
> reduced rhe number of retries to zero to damp down. the noise level.

I have tracked down to sorcery_object_load. My registration object  is
constructed from two files, the second of which overrides the transport
type. It looks like asterisk send out the registration request as part
of the file reading (for want of a better term) process. This results in
two registration "attempts" being made. One when the main file is read,
the second when the file that overrides the transport is read. It have
not yet determined whether the second attempt makes it out to the wire.

Roger