[asterisk-dev] Configured IPv6 transport in endpoint being overwritten by IPv4

Joshua C. Colp jcolp at sangoma.com
Wed May 13 06:18:49 CDT 2020

On Wed, May 13, 2020 at 8:13 AM Roger James <roger at beardandsandals.co.uk>
wrote:

> I did not look at this very closely. My breakpoint was on entry to the
> function that reads the file. It looked to me like the file was always
> being read. This is only a note that I probably should not have piggy
> backed on the end of the message. Don't waste time on it.
>
> Returning to the main problem. I did a test removing all the extensions
> from the config files. This only left transports, endpoints and associated
> aors etc. The problem still remained. This suggests that it is coming from
> persistent config that is not in the .conf files.
>
> I am probably being totally dumb on this. It is years since I last did any
> serious hacking on asterisk. This is a big learning curve for me. At my
> age, senility means, that learning curves can be sawtooth.

The only persistent information is stored in "database show" and would not
cover this. It's only on endpoints that register that we store information
there. Is all of this manually configured or are you using FreePBX (the
transport naming is similar to theirs)? If you remove everything but the
specific endpoint in question what happens?

--
Joshua C. Colp
Asterisk Technical Lead