[asterisk-dev] Advanced Codec Negotiation: Invite without Offer

Jöran Vinzens vinzens at sipgate.de
Tue Jun 30 11:51:45 CDT 2020

Hi,

I think both would be possible. Asterisk could send an Invite w/o SDP to
Bob for the SDP challenge. Then Asterisk gets one back on 200OK, this gets
forwarded to Alice and on the Ack w/ SDP you have your SDP for Bob.
Another possibility Asterisk clears this late SDP challenge when sending
the Invite to Bob with SDP and as soon Bob sends the 200OK w/ SDP we could
use this for 200OK towards Alice. The ACK from Alice finally makes it
complete.

I think for a B2B UA or PBX as I see the Asterisk it should clear the late
SDP no matter if Bob or Alice is outside or inside. So the Invite
coming from Asterisk should always contain an SDP.

This is afaik quite a common use case at least in Germany.

BR Jöran