[asterisk-dev] Advanced Codec Negotiation: Need info and uses cases

Alex Hermann alex-lists at wenlex.nl
Thu Jun 25 19:29:41 CDT 2020

On donderdag 25 juni 2020 18:14:17 CEST Joshua C. Colp wrote:
> I just want to chime in from a general sense on this. I don't expect all
> functionality and every case someone thinks up will exist out of the gate,

Of course. And don't get me wrong, I'm not expecting anything, just sharing
another use case as requested by the OP.

> but I want to say that at least providing such things helps ensure that the
> fundamental design and implementation don't prohibit it from occurring in
> the future.

That would already be a very welcome change. At least in Asterisk 13 (have not
looked at more recent releases) it is very hard to deviate from the "Ignore
what the endpoints prefers, Asterisk forces its will" paradigm.

--
Alex Hermann