[asterisk-dev] Asterisk 16.11 - "setvar" doesn't work properly in dahdi-channels.conf

Marin Odrljin marin at maxcom.hr
Thu Jun 18 03:42:48 CDT 2020

Hello,

I have following dahdi-channels.conf:

; Span 1: TE8/0/1 "T8XXP (PCI) Card 0 Span 1" (MASTER)

; Server X IN channels

group = 11

setvar = GROUP_NR=11

context = from-pri

switchtype = euroisdn

signalling = pri_net

channel => 1-15,17-21

; Server X OUT channels

group = 12

setvar = GROUP_NR=12

context = from-pri

switchtype = euroisdn

signalling = pri_net

channel => 22-31

; Span 2: TE8/0/2 "T8XXP (PCI) Card 0 Span 2"

; Asterisk .98

group = 2

setvar = GROUP_NR=2

context = from-pri

switchtype = euroisdn

signalling = pri_net

channel => 32-46,48-62

; ... other spans

; Span 8: TE8/0/8 "T8XXP (PCI) Card 0 Span 8"

; Panasonic PBX

group = 8

setvar = GROUP_NR=8

context = from-pri

switchtype = euroisdn

signalling = pri_net

channel => 218-232,234-248

And extensions.conf:

[from-pri]

exten => _X!,1,Stasis(AriStart,SPAN=${CHANNEL(dahdi_span)},CHANNEL=${CHANNEL(dahdi_channel)},GROUP=${GROUP_NR}, ...other parameters)

In every group I have „setvar = GROUP_NR=X“. This is a convenient way how I can have only one entry in dialplan for context „from-pri“ and to know from which group a call came in. In Asterisk 13 that works fine, but we have decided to slowly move toward newer Asterisk version 16 because of new features nad LTS. We have started to test with Asterisk 16.4.1 when it came out and this part with „setvar“ was working fine, but now we took a latest one for production server and „setvar“ is not working properly anymore. In version 16.11 if call comes at span 8, var GROUP_NR is set to 11 (1st group and setvar from our config) and not to value 8. It looks like that either parsing of the conf file has changed and it takes now the „setvar“ entry from the first group where it occurs. If I remove all „setvar=GROUP_NR“ except in the last group 8 then it is fine. In previous versions and the same conf files GROUP_NR variable was always set to the value according to setvar from that group.

Can anyone check this out? Should I file an issue?

Thanks,

Marin Odrljin

 <mailto:marin at maxcom.hr> marin at maxcom.hr

mob: +385 98 168 7071