[asterisk-dev] Proposal for New Major Version Process Change

Joshua C. Colp jcolp at sangoma.com
Wed Jul 8 08:28:56 CDT 2020

On Wed, Jul 8, 2020 at 10:24 AM Dan Jenkins <dan at nimblea.pe> wrote:

> YES YES YES.

I'm sorry, I didn't quite hear you. Did you say "no"? :D

> I never really got why it was done like it was...

Yeah, I don't really recall why either. I think it originates from a time
where we were still early to testing and didn't have confidence in things
as much, still finding our footing.

> I agree, 4-6 weeks is good. If someone's going to take the time to upgrade
> to an 18 RC then they'll be looking to test it and give feedback etc etc so
> you don't need a huge amount of time... just enough to actually action bug
> fixes and then release new RCs with those bug fixes

Indeed. Even before cutting the RC we'll be testing it and such too.

--
Joshua C. Colp
Asterisk Technical Lead