[asterisk-dev] ast_coredumper

Ben Ford bford at digium.com
Thu Jan 30 10:53:20 CST 2020

Usually the first one I look at is *core-thread1.txt*. If it's a common
case scenario, such as trying to access a null variable, then it *should* be
visible there. Sometimes it is a little more complicated and that
information may not be readily available. Checking the full or brief files
can potentially help with this, but there are some scenarios where the
crash could be due to a memory corruption, which is very hard to track
down. Tools like gdb are better suited for that.

Unfortunately there's no end all be all solution to debugging since every
problem will be different, but it definitely would be nice if there was one
hammer for every nail :)

On Thu, Jan 30, 2020 at 9:55 AM info at magnussolution.com <
info at magnussolution.com> wrote:

> Hello everyone, sorry bother you guys.
>
> how you guys seen in my last email I’m to try developer a Asterisk
> Application.
>
> So, my application crashed the Asterisk and I use  /var/lib/asterisk/scripts/ast_coredumper
> core to analise the log.
>

> For example in core-full.txt there are 175 Thread, What are the Thread
> that crash Asterisk? The last one?
>
> Best regards
> Adilson Magnus
>

> --