[asterisk-dev] ARI: specifying variables on channel create doesn't work

Joshua C. Colp jcolp at sangoma.com
Wed Dec 16 11:25:13 CST 2020

On Wed, Dec 16, 2020 at 1:22 PM Marin Odrljin <marin at maxcom.hr> wrote:

> Ok I could remove originator and test this, but how would it affect to
> early media? I want to achieve that IN channel can hear call progress and
> announcement from OUT channel. Is it enough to set caller id on Dial
> request afterwards and still to have early media?
>

> Btw. I don’t see anywhere explanation what is the difference of setting
> caller id on channel create and on dial. On wiki it is written:
>
> Create:
>
> -          originator: *string* - Unique ID of the calling channel
>
> Dial:
>
> -          caller: *string* - Channel ID of caller

Specifying an originator isn't what causes early media to work, 'nor does
specifying callerid. Setting an originator causes inheritance to occur from
the originator channel, and also links them for CDR responses. The use of
bridges is what causes early media to flow.

--
Joshua C. Colp
Asterisk Technical Lead