[asterisk-dev] ARI: specifying variables on channel create doesn't work

Marin Odrljin marin at maxcom.hr
Tue Dec 15 10:37:26 CST 2020

Hello all,

When originating call toward DAHDI channels (originate: POST /channels) in order to send caller subaddress I’m setting following variables:

CALLERID(subaddr)=12345

CALLERID(subaddr-valid)=1

CONNECTEDLINE(subaddr)=12345

CONNECTEDLINE(subaddr-valid)=1

and this works fine. Subaddress 12345 is correctly received on the remote ISDN devices.

With Asterisk 16 we have started to use early bridging and that’s why we are using create and dial REST API. Currently I’m using Asterisk 16.15 and setting the same variables on channel creation (create: POST /channels/create), but subaddress is not forwarded via DAHDI channel to remote devices.

Before I file an issue, is there anyone who could know if there is any known issue with it and is it possible at all set variables above on channel creation?

If I have to file an issue, what kind of debug log would be useful? DAHDI, PRI, ... ?

Thank you!

Marin Odrljin

 <mailto:marin at maxcom.hr> marin at maxcom.hr

mob: +385 98 168 7071