[asterisk-dev] Scope Trace: Often no CR on CLI?

George Joseph gjoseph at digium.com
Wed Dec 9 13:16:41 CST 2020

On Wed, Dec 9, 2020 at 12:11 PM George Joseph <gjoseph at digium.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Dec 9, 2020 at 11:09 AM Alexander Traud <pabstraud at compuserve.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Currently, I debug something with the new Scope Tracing [1][2] on the
>> Command-Line Interface (CLI) within GDB. Six of the printed messages did
>> not wrap to a new line. In all cases, SCOPE_ did not include a message, and
>> therefore no trailing "\n". With a Regular Expression, I found 32 calls
>> that do not have a "\n". Apparently, Scope Tracing was not intended to be
>> used on the CLI. Which logger(s) are supported?
>>

> All loggers should be supported.  I probably just missed the case of no
> message.  I can fix that real quick.

Actually, I just looked at the code and it's there already...
logger,c:2415
ast_str_set(&fmt, 0, "%2d %-.*s%s%s:%d %s: %s", (int)indent, (indent_type
== AST_TRACE_INDENT_NONE ? 0 : (int)(indent * 4)),
    LOTS_O_SPACES, direction, file, line, func,
S_OR(ast_skip_blanks(format), "\n"));

Which branch/commit are you testing?