[asterisk-dev] PJSIP on Asterisk 16 doesn't send t38 packets when sending via res_fax module.

Steve Sether ssether at usinternet.com
Tue Dec 1 16:23:11 CST 2020

I'm having a lot of trouble getting PJSIP to send a fax via T.38 in
Asterisk 16.14.1.

 From the pcap, I see the call being made, it connects, RTP goes in both
directions, the far-end requests a re-invite using t.38, Asterisk sends
an OK, the OK is acked, and the far ends starts sending t.38 packets,
asterisk stops sending RTP.

Then Asterisk basically sends nothing else.  No T.38 packets are sent by
Asterisk, No SIP, nothing.  The far end eventually gives up sending
t.38, and sends a bye, ending the call.

I'm using a proxy server, and the pjsip.conf looks similar to this:

[proxy-endpoint](!)
type=endpoint
disallow=all
allow=g722