[asterisk-dev] Asterisk and CentOS 8

Jared Smith jaredsmith at jaredsmith.net
Sat Oct 19 08:19:45 CDT 2019

On Thu, Oct 17, 2019 at 12:19 PM George Joseph <gjoseph at digium.com> wrote:

> At the current time, we do not recommend attempting to build Asterisk on
> CentOS 8.  Many packages Asterisk uses are not yet available and would
> require building from their sources.  The Asterisk packages are also not
> available in the EPEL 8 or CentOS 8 repositories yet for the same reason.

In my personal time, I've been working on getting my Asterisk 16 package in
Fedora and EPEL (for CentOS/RHEL) ready for EPEL7 and EPEL8.  Since many of
the dependencies aren't yet there, I've built my own little personal repo
at https://copr.fedorainfracloud.org/coprs/jsmith/Asterisk16/ which has
Asterisk 16.6.1 packages (and the missing dependencies) for both EPEL7 and
EPEL8.   (Please note that these are my own personal packages, and not
endorsed or sponsored by my employer.)

These are mostly untested, but please give them a shot and give me
feedback.  Over the next few weeks, I'll try to get these packages pushed
into EPEL proper.

--
Jared Smith