[asterisk-dev] Asterisk and CentOS 8

Corey Farrell git at cfware.com
Thu Oct 17 14:40:44 CDT 2019

iksemel-devel: To my knowledge library is not maintained and has been
removed from Fedora because it no longer builds from source. Honestly I
thought we had deprecated res_xmpp and chan_motif for this very reason.

libedit-devel: This is mandatory since Asterisk 16.  The devel package
is found the in PowerTools repository which is not enabled by default.

Other stuff install_prereq installs from the PowerTools repo:

bluez-libs-devel
doxygen
gsm-devel
libogg-devel
libsndfile-devel
libsrtp-devel
libvorbis-devel
lua-devel
neon-devel
speex-devel
speexdsp-devel

Why RedHat decided to hide these devel packages in a repository that is
disabled by default it is beyond me.