[asterisk-dev] Looking for help with gerrit for submitting an issue fix for review

Dan Cropp dan at amtelco.com
Fri Mar 29 15:17:19 CDT 2019

I have an issue fix I would like to commit for review.

I was able to retrieve the asterisk master code from gerrit, edit the code, and put it through tests.
I believe I have everything completed with the git message.

When I try to submit it for review... (git review master)

I am seeing the following...

Could not connect to gerrit.
Enter your gerrit username: daninmadison
Trying again with ssh://daninmadison@gerrit.asterisk.org:29418/asterisk.git
<traceback object at 0x7f1da0fbbef0>
We don't know where your gerrit is. Please manually create a remote
named "gerrit" and try again.
Could not connect to gerrit at ssh://daninmadison@gerrit.asterisk.org:29418/asterisk.git
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/git-review", line 10, in <module>
    sys.exit(main())
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/git_review/cmd.py", line 1534, in main
    sys.exit(e.EXIT_CODE)
AttributeError: 'GitReviewException' object has no attribute 'EXIT_CODE'

Could someone provide some guidance on what I am doing wrong?

Dan