[asterisk-dev] Adding new ARI subscription type(topic)

Sungtae Kim pchero21 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 7 18:12:48 CST 2019

Hi Asterisk team,

I want a talk about some new feature for the ARI(stasis application).

It's about the subscribe/unsubscribe the arbitary topics from the ARI.

I was thinking about similar feature before.
(https://issues.asterisk.org/jira/browse/ASTERISK-28227)

And I was talking about the module at the moment, but I want a talk
about topic, not a module.
Because it's much more make sensible.

Currently, to sending a message to the stasis application, there's 3
ways to send it.
By channel, bridge, endpoint's topic. So, if someone want to more ARI
resource, it's not an easy to
send a notification message.

So, I was thinking it would be good to if the stasis can subscribe the
other topics.

AS-IS

asterisk*CLI> ari show app pchero_voip
Name: pchero_voip
    Debug: No
    Subscription Model: Global Resource Subscription
    Subscriptions: 3
      Channels:
        __AST_CHANNEL_ALL_TOPIC (1)
      Bridges:
        __AST_BRIDGE_ALL_TOPIC (1)
      Endpoints:
        __AST_ENDPOINT_ALL_TOPIC (1)

TO-BE

asterisk*CLI> ari show app pchero_voip
Name: pchero_voip
    Debug: No
    Subscription Model: Global Resource Subscription
    Subscriptions: 4
      Channels:
        __AST_CHANNEL_ALL_TOPIC (1)
      Bridges:
        __AST_BRIDGE_ALL_TOPIC (1)
      Endpoints:
        __AST_ENDPOINT_ALL_TOPIC (1)
      Others:
        Queue:sales1
        Queue:sales2
        Voicemail:test01
        Agent

With this design, the stasis app can subscribe entire of topic or
specified topic, like
subscribe Queue or Queue:sales1.

What do you think?

Thank you.