[asterisk-dev] Asterisk 16 / pjsip: actual SDP handling in case of late offer during outbound call seems to break call

Joshua C. Colp jcolp at digium.com
Mon Jun 17 13:15:56 CDT 2019

On Mon, Jun 17, 2019, at 3:10 PM, Michael Maier wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I'm facing a problem on an outbound call which receives a reInvite w/o
> SDP (late / delayed offer technique) from ISP. The ISP won't provide
> any SDP in the following received ACK and the call is broken therefore
> afterwards because no more media is sent after this reInvite.
>

> Detail:
>
> - ISP sends ReInvite w/o SDP
> - Asterisk sends 200 OK containing the SDP, received by the initial 200
> OK from the ISP before
>   (which is a subset of the defined allowed media for this trunk).
>   The <sess-version> in the SDP of the 200 OK as answer to the reInvite
> is the same as the one of
>   the initial INVITE though the SDP is different. Shouldn't
> <sess-version> be increased if SDP
>   is changed changed?
> - ISP sends an ACK - but w/o SDP -> Call is dead from now on.

Yes, if the SDP is changed then the session version should be incremented. If this is not done then this is likely a bug in pjmedia-sdp (I don't believe we deal with the session version, it's down in the PJSIP SDP side). You can file an issue[1] with the details.

[1] https://issues.asterisk.org/jira

--
Joshua C. Colp
Digium - A Sangoma Company | Senior Software Developer