[asterisk-dev] Prevent DNS resolution of host address when using outbound proxy

Joshua C. Colp jcolp at digium.com
Tue Jun 4 09:57:05 CDT 2019

On Tue, Jun 4, 2019, at 11:43 AM, Dennis Buteyn wrote:
> One of our customers stumbled on this old bug in chan_sip and now we're
> trying to address the problem.
>
> It is currently tracked in Jira (ASTERISK-21231
> <https://issues.asterisk.org/jira/browse/ASTERISK-21231>,
> ASTERISK-21694
> <https://issues.asterisk.org/jira/browse/ASTERISK-21694>) and has a
> proposed patch on the review board.
>
> We're wondering if the patch is any good and whether it can be used as
> a base for finally fixing this issue on Asterisk 13?

When I made the change it did work, but it did cause behavior changes. I know of at least one deployment that used the patch and ran into problems as a result of the behavior change. I'd still hesitate to see it included as it could cause even more ripples for people.

--
Joshua C. Colp
Digium - A Sangoma Company | Senior Software Developer