[asterisk-dev] Asterisk 17 Branch is a thing!

George Joseph gjoseph at digium.com
Fri Jul 26 13:55:29 CDT 2019

In preparation for the release of Asterisk 17 this fall, we've created the
"17" branch in the Asterisk Gerrit repository[1], based off the current
"master" branch.  All future changes should be cherry picked to 17 as well
as 13, 16 and master (assuming the change is applicable to the specific
branch).   New features submitted to 17 will now require test coverage,
just as they would to 13 and 16.  "master" of course will be the basis for
next year's Asterisk 18 release.

A new branch "17.0" has also been cut and will be the basis for the
17.0.0-rc1 release later this month and the subsequent 17.0.0 release in
October.  Only bugfixes will be accepted for the initial 17 release so if
you have a bugfix for 17, make sure it's in the 17 branch and we'll
cherry-pick it to 17.0.  All other submissions for 17 will go into the 17.1
release.

Similar branches for the Testsuite have also been created so don't forget
to cherry-pick new tests to the Testsuite 17 branch as well.

[1] https://gerrit.asterisk.org

--
*George Joseph*
Digium - A Sangoma Company | Software Developer | Software Engineering