[asterisk-dev] Audio to/from Asterisk

Seán C. McCord ulexus at gmail.com
Fri Jul 5 08:37:17 CDT 2019

Solutions such as Jack are non-network oriented and severely limited in
scalability.  There are, of course, many other options, but the closest are
chan_rtp and chan_nbs.  RTP is a good option except for the difficulty for
non-telephony people to interact with it.  NBS is deprecated, undocumented,
and unsupported by any locatable resources.

While the original app interface from last year required dialplan, the
channel interface does not.  It is a plain channel which can be used by ARI
directly.