[asterisk-dev] Audio to/from Asterisk

Seán C. McCord ulexus at gmail.com
Fri Jul 5 03:45:24 CDT 2019

A brief update:

I have adapted my app_audiosocket from last year to become
chan_audiosocket, a full bidirectional audio channel interface for Asterisk
to any AudioSocket service (which itself is a dead-simple implementation).
I'll be demoing it in my talk next week at CommCon, for anyone who might be
interested.  I'm going to try to have it ready to push to gerrit for review
this weekend.

For now, you can see it in the 'channel' branch of
github.com/CyCoreSystems/audiosocket.

On Fri, May 17, 2019 at 2:22 AM Sylvain Boily <sylvain at wazo.io> wrote:

> On 2019-05-16 10:36 p.m., Matt Fredrickson wrote:
> >> I talked with Matthew at the Kamailio World 2019 about this module and
> >> he said to me George will start to work on this feature. Do you have
> >> feedback or comment about this module?
> > Hey Sylvain,
> >
> > Sorry, sounds like we had a bit of a misunderstanding.  George did
> > some research on prospective architectures around this functionality,
> > but we have not committed to or engaged upon any work on it at this
> > time.  I did mention that George might have some new perspective on
> > any submitted implementation or continued discussion due to some of
> > the information he gained during his research though :-)
> >
> > Best wishes, and sorry about any confusion in our conversation.
> >
> Oh :), no worry, you know my english is clearly not the best héhé.
> But this subject is open for everyone want to discuss about this nice
> feature.
>
> Sylvain
>
> --

Seán C. McCord