[asterisk-dev] [asterisk-app-dev] Who uses the ari/sounds resource?

sduthil at wazo.io sduthil at wazo.io
Mon Jan 21 15:45:10 CST 2019

On 2019-01-21 10:42 a.m., George Joseph wrote:
> and what do you use it for?

I assume that you're talking about the /sounds resource available in ARI
[1].

At Wazo [2], we use the /sounds resource to list the sound files that
are register in Asterisk.

It allows us to implement a REST API that gives an overview of what
sound files are available and in what languages.

This REST API is then used to display the list of sound files in a web
page, or to select a sound file in an application, e.g. when creating an
IVR and selecting a sound file to play. The REST API is also used to
list the available languages for sound files.

We have used the /sounds resource when we could, but we still had to
access the file system directly at some point in order to offer more
features in our REST API, like uploading custom sounds, streaming the
sound files or accessing recording files.

[1] https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/Asterisk+16+Sounds+REST+API
[2] http://wazo.community/

--
Sébastien Duthil