[asterisk-dev] unable to pass default attribute_data from codec_xyz.c to res_format_attr_xyz.c

Joshua C. Colp jcolp at digium.com
Wed Aug 28 06:24:52 CDT 2019

On Wed, Aug 28, 2019, at 8:10 AM, Mohit Dhiman wrote:
> Ok.
> could it be related to the order in which modules get loaded in
> asterisk?
> also can you please suggest some way to pass this information somehow
> from codec_xyz.c to ref_format_attr_xyz.c?
> because I believe codec_opus.so does this sort of thing.

The codec_opus module as provided by Sangoma does not do this. Attributes are created as part of the SDP negotiation using the defined format attribute API at negotiation time, nothing is created ahead of time. No module, to my knowledge, has created a cached format with attributes already present so the specific code flow may drop it somewhere.

--
Joshua C. Colp
Digium - A Sangoma Company | Senior Software Developer