[asterisk-dev] Audio to/from Asterisk

George Joseph gjoseph at digium.com
Fri Aug 23 12:43:28 CDT 2019

The first implementation of External Media is up on Gerrit for review and
testing.
More information is on the wiki...
https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/External+Media+and+ARI

The capability will be in 16.6 but since we're past the feature freeze date
for Asterisk 17.0, the capability will be in Asterisk 17.1.
Within the next few weeks, we should also have a sample ARI application
available that sends the media off to Google for transcription and just
dumps the text to a file.

Please review!  We need feedback!

On Fri, Aug 16, 2019 at 4:58 AM Dan Jenkins <dan at nimblea.pe> wrote:

> Just caught up on this - makes sense to me.
>
> DNS is important
>
> transport - WSS to make it easy to just send binary down a WSS and have it
> secure.
>
> Dan
>
> On Wed, Aug 7, 2019 at 4:41 PM Seán C. McCord <ulexus at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Sounds like good reasoning to me.

>>> Cramming options in the future in a dial string makes things rather
>>> unfriendly (see chan_sip) - this is why I pushed for an explicit API to
>>> create such a thing. It's also more approachable, and easier to document.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Joshua C. Colp
>>> Digium - A Sangoma Company | Senior Software Developer
>>> 445 Jan Davis Drive NW - Huntsville, AL 35806 - US
>>> Check us out at: www.digium.com & www.asterisk.org
>>>
>>> --
>>
>> --
>
> --

*George Joseph*
Digium - A Sangoma Company | Software Developer | Software Engineering
direct/fax: +1 256 428 6012
Check us out at: https://digium.com · https://sangoma.com