[asterisk-dev] asterisk 16.x / pjsip: troubleshooting sips

Michael Maier m1278468 at mailbox.org
Mon Aug 19 11:59:18 CDT 2019

On 19.08.19 at 16:19 George Joseph wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 19, 2019 at 5:37 AM IanG <ian.gilmour.x at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> How about configuring Asterisk to forward the decrypted SIP traffic to a
>> local Homer server?
>>

> Check out res_hep, res_hep_pjsip, res_hep_rtcp and the hep.conf sample file.

Thanks for all of your hints!

If I got it correctly, asterisk provides a HEP3 client sending SIP data to a HEP server. HEP server could be Kamailio or Opensips e.g.. This seems to me pretty much oversized for my *current* goal to just get the decrypted signaling saved
to pcap files. Is there a lean tool around like pcapsipdump which just acts as a HEP server and creates pcap-files for each call? Goal is to run it on a small APU 1 machine with SD card.

Thanks
Michael