[asterisk-dev] Audio to/from Asterisk

George Joseph gjoseph at digium.com
Thu Aug 1 13:10:10 CDT 2019

On Thu, Aug 1, 2019 at 9:56 AM marek <cervajs64 at gmail.com> wrote:

> is there someone who can write/share small HOWTO test it with
> https://cloud.google.com/speech-to-text/  ?

You won't be able to use the new capability directly with Google or any
other public speech to text service provider as they all have different
access mechanisms and protocol constraints.  We also wouldn't know what to
do with the returned transcription.  Instead, you'd write an ARI
application using the technology of your own choosing to act as the proxy
between Asterisk and your chosen service provider.  Most of the service
providers have api toolkits to help with that.  What you then do with the
returned trranscription is up to you.