[asterisk-dev] How are alembic scripts named?

Joshua C. Colp jcolp at digium.com
Wed Apr 17 09:24:22 CDT 2019

On Wed, Apr 17, 2019, at 11:18 AM, Dan Cropp wrote:
> Thank you Joshua.
>
> Alembic is not one of the packages installed on my VM.  When I look at
> install_prereq, I do not see it in there.
> Is there asterisk related documentation on alembic?

Alembic isn't part of building Asterisk, so install_prereq doesn't have it included. It's also only necessary for database usage or creating migration scripts, so it has to be manually installed.

> I installed the alembic and alembic3 packages based on Linux output
>
> alembic revision -m "pjsip add norefersub"
> The program 'alembic' can be found in the following packages:
>  * python-alembic
>  * python3-alembic
> Try: sudo apt install <selected package>
>

> However, after this, I am receiving an error indicating no alembic.ini file
>
> alembic revision -m "pjsip add norefersub"
>   FAILED: No config file 'alembic.ini' found, or file has no '[alembic]' section
>
> Any suggestions as to where to find asterisk instructions for alembic?

I don't believe we have anything specific except the normal usage for users of it[1]. This is because we don't do anything special with alembic or modify it. If you do the following:

cd contrib/ast-db-manage
alembic -c config.ini.sample revision -m "pjsip add norefersub"

It should work though.

[1] https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/Managing+Realtime+Databases+with+Alembic

--
Joshua C. Colp
Digium - A Sangoma Company | Senior Software Developer