[asterisk-dev] Looking for help with gerrit for submitting an issue fix for review

Dan Cropp dan at amtelco.com
Tue Apr 2 09:23:46 CDT 2019

Attempting to go through the Gerrit Usage instructions again this week.

Last week, I was able to clone from gerrit, I branched the issue I was working on, made changes and ran tests.  I was able to commit locally, but could not push the changes back to gerrit.   I receive the prompt for the Username https://gerrit.asterisk.org and password for https://myusername@gerrit.asterisk.org

I have confirmed my credentials on gerrit.

When I execute git remote -v
origin  http://gerrit.asterisk.org/asterisk (fetch)
origin  http://gerrit.asterisk.org/asterisk (push)

This week, I decided to create a different directory on my Linux VM and attempt to follow the Gerrit Usage instructions again.
Now, I'm having trouble cloning from gerrit.

git clone ssh://asterisk/master
Cloning into 'master'...
fatal: project master not found

and the repository exists.

Also tried...

git clone ssh://myusername@gerrit.asterisk.org:29418/master
Cloning into 'master'...
fatal: project master not found

and the repository exists.

It would seem this statement would be true.
"Failure to set your username will result in clones using SSH failing, despite adding your SSH key. If you can not clone using SSH please ensure you have set your username."

However, I have re-entered my SSH key and it's still failing.

Can anyone provide some guidance?

Dan