[asterisk-dev] write my self app. Debug

Matt Fredrickson creslin at digium.com
Thu Sep 13 16:21:02 CDT 2018

On Wed, Sep 12, 2018 at 6:10 PM, info at magnussolution.com
<info at magnussolution.com> wrote:
> thanks for you help.
>

> I try use backtrace. But I no a expert.
>
> I using cents 7 64x
>
> gdb -se "asterisk" -ex "bt full" -ex "thread apply all bt" --batch -c
> core.13414 > /tmp/backtrace.txt
>
> warning: exec file is newer than core file.

It looks like your installed version of Asterisk is newer than the one
that is running.  That's usually an important issue to resolve when
trying to debug an issue.

> Missing separate debuginfo for /usr/lib64/libmyodbc5.so

> Using host libthread_db library "/lib64/libthread_db.so.1".
> Missing separate debuginfo for /usr/lib64/libmyodbc5.so
> Core was generated by `asterisk -vvvvvvvg'.
> #0  ast_odbc_release_obj (obj=0x0) at res_odbc.c:712
> 712 struct odbc_class *class = obj->parent;

You're going to need to post more stack frames of the backtrace than
that to get anywhere with it.

Best wishes,
Matthew Fredrickson

> to use ODBC on centos7 and mariaDB 10 I install it
>
> yum -y remove mysql-connector-odbc
> yum -y localinstall --nogpgcheck
> http://dev.mysql.com/get/Downloads/Connector-ODBC/5.3/mysql-connector-odbc-5.3.11-1.el7.x86_64.rpm
> ln -s /usr/lib64/libmyodbc5w.so  /usr/lib64/libmyodbc5.so
>

> On 12 Sep 2018, at 19:28, Alex Villací­s Lasso <a_villacis at palosanto.com>
> wrote:
>
> El 12/9/18 a las 14:33, info at magnussolution.com escribió:
>
> that’s correct. I wrote a ael context with func_odbc and this work very
> well.
>
> But, using my app_mbilling.c work more faster than ael and func_odbc.
>
> example:
> agi 15 CPS
> ael-func_odbc 30 CPS
> native application 50 CPS
>

> Have you tried yet FastAGI? Ordinary AGI is slowed down by the spawning of
> an entire process per call. FastAGI just requires a daemon that listens to
> requests on a TCP/IP port. This is way less invasive than writing a whole
> new Asterisk application in C. Any bottlenecks would now be located in the
> FastAGI server and could be tuned without touching the Asterisk core.
>
> As an aside, just a wild guess, but I think the crashes could be due to one
> or more race conditions, and the proper locking required to solve them would
> slow down your C application to the ael-func_odbc level.
>

> --
>

> --

Matthew Fredrickson
Digium - A Sangoma Company | Asterisk Project Lead