[asterisk-dev] redirecting lost over IAX

Matt Fredrickson creslin at digium.com
Wed Oct 31 13:44:47 CDT 2018

On Mon, Oct 29, 2018 at 10:33 AM Kaloyan Kovachev <kkovachev at varna.net> wrote:

> Hello list,
>   I have followed the example from
> https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/Manipulating+Party+ID+Information
> to unconditionally forward a call between two Asterisk instances
> connected over IAX, but it seems there is a bug or the example is
> incomplete.
>
>   The setup is:
>    Astersik A receives a call over DAHDI (libSS7) or SIP and forwards the
> call to Asterisk B over IAX
>    Astersik B checks the database and if redirecting is required sets the
> REDIRECTING details as above and forwards the call to Astersik A as a
> new call, again over IAX, which should dial out over SIP or DAHDI
>
>   The problem is that only REDIRECTING(from-num) is populated and all the
> rest is blank with count remaining 0, so no redirection info is
> forwarded with the new call.
>   Is there something else that needs to be set or it's a bug in the IAX
> code to ignore the rest of the fields?

Which other fields specifically are you looking for?

It's quite possible the IAX2 protocol doesn't support some of the
additional redirection info.

REDIRECTING(from-num) seems to get mapped to the RDNIS IE in IAX
protocol land.  I guess it's going to just depend on what other fields
you need or are looking for.

--
Matthew Fredrickson
Digium - A Sangoma Company | Asterisk Project Lead