[asterisk-dev] PJSIP Dialog-Info+XML enhancement

Hans-Peter Jansen hpj at urpla.net
Tue Oct 30 07:20:50 CDT 2018

On Montag, 29. Oktober 2018 21:14:32 Joshua C. Colp wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 29, 2018, at 8:44 PM, Hans-Peter Jansen wrote:
> >
> > Remote is still wrong, it's a local extension, and I also have no idea
> > ATM,
> > where to fetch call-id, local-tag and remote-tag attributes. It also makes
> > asterisk not to exit gracefully anymore after hitting ^C.
>
> Channels don't have a call-id, local-tag, or remote-tag. Those are SIP
> constructs and an Asterisk channel may or may not be a SIP channel. I
> believe chan_sip synthesized/created ones.

Getting something along those lines to work with PJSIP at least would be a big
step forward. We're in a quagmire with current Asterisk: chan_sip is declining
perceptible [1]. The (well, relatively) new and shiny PJSIP is the way to go,
but nobody want to give up essential features, they're used to and rely on
since more than a decade.

> > May I kindly ask you to take a look at it?
>
> Due to the contributions and work I do with Asterisk I personally avoid
> looking at unlicensed code in our industry to ensure that code within
> Asterisk itself remains as license pure as possible I'm afraid. If you have
> specific questions I can answer.

Understood.

I have signed the Contributor License Agreement and will resubmit my patch
after the CLA is confirmed.

Thank you for your support.

Kind regards,
Pete