[asterisk-dev] PJSIP Dialog-Info+XML enhancement

Joshua C. Colp jcolp at digium.com
Mon Oct 29 11:56:17 CDT 2018

On Mon, Oct 29, 2018, at 1:47 PM, Hans-Peter Jansen wrote:
> Dear Asterisk developers,
>
> in an attempt to add the missing pieces in
> res/res_pjsip_dialog_info_body_generator.c to provide a similar
> Dialog-Info+XML implementation, as what chan_sip.so provides already,
> I invested the better part of today, but things seem to be much more
> complicated in PJSIP land (at least for somebody, who started to look
> at this code today).
>
> This is the only missing functionality, that keeps me from transitioning
> to PJSIP, and, if I read the various related complains correctly, a lot of
> other Asterisk users as well.
>
> What I found out so far:
>
> PJSIP version:
>
> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
> <dialog-info xmlns="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:dialog-info" version="3"
> state="full" entity="sip:62 at 192.168.23.2:15060">
>   <dialog id="62" direction="recipient">
>    <state>early</state>
>   </dialog>
>  </dialog-info>

The information does not currently exist in PJSIP, 'nor does it get passed in. The chan_sip module has special logic (find_ringing_channel) local to it to gather the information it thinks is correct which is then placed into the message. The same kind of thing would need to be done in PJSIP.

--
Joshua C. Colp
Digium - A Sangoma Company | Senior Software Developer