[asterisk-dev] How about to support multi video tracks of the webrtc sfu?

Matt Fredrickson creslin at digium.com
Thu Oct 25 14:51:39 CDT 2018

On Tue, Oct 23, 2018 at 8:21 PM Xiemin Chen <chenxiemin at gmail.com> wrote:

> Anyone can help? Thanks very much.
>
> Xiemin Chen <chenxiemin at gmail.com> 于2018年10月10日周三 下午4:40写道:
>>
>> Hi there,
>>
>> I was told that it's not support by asterisk to have multi video tracks of one client in the following post. How about if I want to achieve this functionality? Is there any technical limitation?

I think Josh's response on the community forums implied that there
probably *are* going to be technical limitations.  I don't think
anybody's tried to prototype a single client with multiple resolutions
of the same stream from the same endpoint at this point.

So I guess maybe trying to build a browser app prototype that can
produce that scenario first would be a good start.  Then you'll need
to see how that's represented in SDP, to figure out how that lines up
with Asterisk's multi-stream capabilities and make sure that it tries
to do the right thing from its side.

As Josh mentioned, there's gonna be a bit of work to make things happy
inside of Asterisk.  It sounds like a really fun project though, and
if you manage to get somewhere on it I'd love to hear about your
progress.

Good luck and best wishes!

--
Matthew Fredrickson
Digium - A Sangoma Company | Asterisk Project Lead