[asterisk-dev] Problems with reregister schedule

Torbjörn Abrahamsson torbjorn.abrahamsson at gmail.com
Tue Oct 2 04:29:20 CDT 2018

> Hey Torbjorn,
>
> I don't think anybody is intentionally ignoring your post - it's probably not being responded to because you are
> working on code in the deep dark belly of chan_sip and any people still familiar with it either aren't familiar with
> that part of the code or are not responding for other reasons.
>
> From an overall project perspective (or at least for the majority of developers that work with me), we're putting
> 100% of our efforts on chan_pjsip due to code maintenance challenges with chan_sip.  We ran into situations
> where fixing one chan_sip bug had a tendency to create three new ones due to its highly interdependent code
> architecture.
>
> I guess that doesn't solve your bug, but does provide a little big of explanation as to why you might be getting
> minimal feedback.
>
> Best wishes,
> Matthew Fredrickson
> Asterisk Project Lead

Hello Matthew,

I did not mean to come around as ungrateful in my second mail, my main goal with the mail was to provide more information regarding the problem. And I do realize that it is a difficult area, otherwise I think we would have solved it by ourselves, as we have done in several earlier cases. And we will keep looking for a solution, as unfortunately a switch to PJSIP is quite far away for us. We have years of code invested in using chan_sip. We will probably have to do the move someday, but at the moment the man power is not enough. I was hoping that someone with insight in how the scheduler and reload of chan_sip works could provide some hints for me to work forward on.

I found it odd that build_peer would crash just because I have cleared the schedule.

Thanks for your resonse.

Best regards,
Torbjörn Abrahamsson