[asterisk-dev] Asterisk 16 Feature Freeze Deadline is Today!

Matt Fredrickson creslin at digium.com
Wed Jul 18 09:16:12 CDT 2018

Hey Everybody,

It’s everybody’s favorite time again, feature freeze!  As you may well
recall, today is the last day that you can submit a code level contribution
to gerrit and have it included in the first version of Asterisk 16.
Historically, we have been lenient as to the definition of when "today"
ends, but generally speaking it will be tonight at 12:00 AM (CDT). Get your
contributions in soon!

Just as a reminder, feature freeze means something slightly different now
than it used to.  The primary difference is that generally, new
contributions can be accepted in release branches of Asterisk, but with the
stipulation that tests be submitted which exercise any new features.  The
difference in tonight's deadline is that any patches against master prior
to the end of today will not require accompanying tests - although
including them always makes a contribution much more maintainable.

I feel like I should take a moment to thank all of you who contribute and
work hard to make Asterisk the great open source project that it is!  The
longer that I have served as Asterisk Project Lead, the more that I
recognize what an enormous effort it is to keep a project the size of
Asterisk running.  So many of you contribute source code, help answer
questions on IRC/mailing-lists/community.asterisk.org, submit talks for
Astricon, and more.  It humbles me on a daily basis to have the opportunity
to work closely with so many driven and high quality people.

Finally, just as a reminder, AstriDevCon 2018 signup has opened up [1].  If
you would like to attend, discussion is intended to be focused on
development and project level topics.  Seating space is limited, so signing
up sooner rather than later is recommended.  Due to the limited seating,
please wait for an acceptance email before making conclusive plans for that
day of Astricon.

[1] https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/AstriDevCon

--
Matthew Fredrickson