[asterisk-dev] Jira: Create issue: Required field: Component

Alexander Traud pabstraud at compuserve.com
Sun Jan 28 03:00:01 CST 2018

In Jira, when I create a new issue, the fields Summary and Description are marked with a red asterisk. I guess, that indicates a required field. However, for an external contributor like me, the fields Component, Affects Version, Severity, and Issue Guidelines are required as well. This is inconsistent usage of this red asterisk and therefore confusing.

What about
A) asterisk the remaining required fields as well or
B) if there are several user groups with different required fields, what about removing the existing two asterisks?