[asterisk-dev] Idle Timers and Keep-Alives

Alexander Traud pabstraud at compuserve.com
Fri Jan 26 05:39:43 CST 2018

> You'd be OK with keeping an idle timeout it as long as you can turn
> it off at runtime.

Yes, I do not need it.

I do not use keep-alive for SIP-over-TCP (or TLS), neither
- within the TCP layer (via its own mechanism), nor
- on the TCP layer (via CRLN).
Even short SIP-Register must be used carefully as explained by the author of Zoiper: <http://vimeo.com/82094736> and <http://vimeo.com/109598906>. Although the videos are 2 x 45 minutes long, I recommend them, to understand the frustrations of us mobile VoIPers.

> At what level of granularity would it need to be?
> System, transport, endpoint?

System, in my case.